Friday, June 19, 2009

afterlife...do I believe in having crossed this journey many times before?


Time and Space - Life and Afterlife


recently I have been reading a lot of stuff which again and again refers to the word "soul". I have been reading material right from blogs to published books on the matter and I must admit, being a Hindu and being Indains, we hear this stuff right from our school days, but I had never paid a lot of attention to actually think beyond what was told to me.



in hindi, the soul is called "aatma" and somewhere this concept of soul has been around in our religion and mythology for a while now but somehow I got drwn to this concept when i read the book called "Many Lives, Many Masters", by Dr.Brian Weiss. Its quite a read I must say and after reading it, did I realise that there is so much in the world that we don't know or just take for granted.


Now, let me explain what I understood and have started believing after reading loads of material and having discussions with people who sort of believe in afterlife. Every living person does have two parts to him, one is the physical being or the body and one is the spiritual being called the soul. The soul is eternal, it keeps on living...it cannot die or cannot be harmed. The physical being is what changes. The soul takes birth what is called "incarnation" and re-incarnation on the earth, to grow wiser. That is the purpose of our endless lives...to grow wiser at the spiritual level and to learn the lesson of unconditional love.


Important things I have learnt and have started believeing because they sort of make sense to me. The soul does not have anything negative attached to it. It is a spiritual being and only knows love. When it comes to the earth, it slowly picks up all the negativity from the surroundings, but only in the physical form.


The most important and profound statement I read in one of Dr.Brian's book, which I thought was life altering was that the soul carries the love, emotions and relationships it builds to the next life while it cannot carry any material assets. People spend their entire lifetimes in earning money and ignoring their relationships, where those are the relationships which will get carried forward with them in their next life while all the money will stay here. Furthermore, if you ignore the relationships or hurt people in this life, you will create debts or you will have lessons to learn which will come back to you either in this life or in the next lives...so you are actually doing more harm than good to yourself and those around you.


There is life on many planes of consciousness. This, our world is only one such plane. It is a like a graduating school for the soul. There maybe many other schools that we are unaware of, but the soul everywhere is the same. We have to learn our lessons and the soul keeps coming back to the school, untill all lessons are learned. We re-incarnate as male, female, rich and poor...are born into many religions etc because we have to learn from all sides.


Now you may wonder, why am I preaching. There hasn't been enough argument I have given to support my beliefs. Well, I will keep quoting various experiences from people mentioned in many places and soon through my own experinece also, that will show you why I think this is all true. For the time being, i just want to say...yes, I beleive in souls and I believe in Re-incarnation and I believe I have been to this earth many times before. It does happen to everyone I guess that sometimes when you are doing something, going somewhere or meeting someone, you get this very strong feeling that you have been here before...you know this person...well, your feeling might have an answer in your past lives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment